General Class Info
Class Registration Policies
What To Bring To Class
- Class Registration. Pre-registration is required. You may register by phone, mail or in person.
- Classes require payment 2 weeks prior to class. Registration is not complete and your seat will not be held until payment is made. Pattern, books and kit fees can be paid at class.
- We reserve the right to cancel classes due to inclement weather or if they do not reach the minimum enrollment. We will refund all class fees if this should occur.
- A refund will only be given for student cancellations up to one week prior to the start date of the class, or if we are able to fill your spot from a wait list.
- If you must miss a session, please call. A message center is available 24 hours a day. Make up sessions, if available, can be arranged through the class instructor.
- You will need to bring your sewing machine/serger/knitting machine, its accessories and manual. If you cannot bring your machine a classroom machine can be made available upon request. We are a sewing machine/knitting machine dealer and have a variety of makes and models available for purchase.
- Basic Sewing Supplies (BSS): scissors, pins, tape measure, seam ripper, fabric markers, seam gauge. These items can be purchased from Stitchers’ Dream as a kit.
- Supply list with all necessary items for your class project. Supply list items can be purchased at Stitchers’ Dream at a 10% discount once you have registered for the class.
- Bonus: 10% discount on all your purchases (excluding machines, software and pre-orders) on class day.
What is the “On-Going” Class Format
- Designed for students who wish to learn to operate a sewing machine, learn to sew ,knit or crochet, enhance their skills, work on a project of their choice or get help with a project already in process.
- Pick a day and time. Classes can be started any time after registration and payment.
- A set of four, 2 hour, on-going classes is $60.00. Additional class sets can be purchased as desired.
- Purchased class sets must be used within 6 months of purchase date.
- If you have not been to an on-going session for 2 or more weeks: Call ahead before returning. Occasionally, staff may need to change or cancel an on-going session. If you have not been a regular attendee you may not get a call with notice of the change.
- Please do not come to class if you are sick (colds, stomach upset, fever,etc.).
Children and Teen Classes
- Offered in an “on-going” class format.
- For children 9-12 years and teens 13-18 years
- In addition to Basic Sewing Supplies (see above), students are encouraged to leave $20.00 on account for purchase of fabric and supplies used during classes.
- Please be advised sewing/knitting involves the use of tools that can be sharp or hot. We take precautions to maintain a safe classroom, but minor injuries can still occur. A Youth Permission Form will be provided for your signature.
- Please do not send sick children to class. If they were kept home from school they should be kept home from class. Children with colds, runny noses, fevers, or stomach upset should be kept at home.
- We can provide mentoring for School Projects that are Fiber Arts related. See individual instructors for details.
- We have special class sessions for home schoolers
New Owners’ Classes
- Provided as a complimentary service with the purchase of a sewing machine from Stitchers’ Dream.
- Available to others for a small fee of $25.00 per session.
- Classes are scheduled on a rotating basis. Click this link to learn more: New Owners’ Class.